The Head of Science, reporting to the President, will be responsible for directing and leading the discovery pipeline of the Company as well as ensuring a deep scientific understanding of the programs currently in the clinic. This position is based in Hangzhou, China.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
- Drives innovation through a deep understanding of cancer biology and creative application of novel technologies.
- Develops a robust and high-quality product portfolio
- Grows Discovery organization by attracting talented new team members, including staffing for new lab being built in Hangzhou
- Supervises all discovery programs and scientific operations in US and China to guarantee that the organization meets its scientific objectives.
- Sets clear expectations, gives appropriate autonomy, and guides team members.
- Manages performance by providing feedback, guidance, and the development of opportunities.
- Directs the development of annual scientific goals, including input from Scientific Advisory Committee.
- Works closely with the President and other executives to ensure that the Board of Directors are well informed.
- Establishes and effectively manages scientific collaborations, as well as internal/external partners
- Ensures up to date knowledge of developments in discovery research and practices, and timely dissemination of this knowledge.
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Requires a PhD or MD/PhD in cancer biology or equivalent.
- Must have 10+ years of research and drug development experience with biologics, having filed multiple INDs.
- Prior experience with compounds that have transitioned into clinical development is required.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and analytical skills, as well as high ethical standards and outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires a desire to be part of a highly innovative dynamic and growing company aimed at developing novel therapeutics for patients.
- Must have a demonstrated ability and enthusiasm for identifying, setting, and meeting critical deliverables delivering clinical candidates into development.
- Requires proven experience with developing efficient discovery processes and directing complex cross-functional team collaborations.
- Must have a proven track record of advancing programs through discovery, IND-enabling studies and IND filing.
- Requires the ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Requires good communications skills in both Mandarin and English
- Must be team oriented and able to invest in the success of others.
- Requires the ability to celebrate differences and encourage scientific openness and discussion.
Apollomics, Inc. is an innovative biopharmaceutical company committed to the discovery and development of oncology combination therapies that harness the immune system and target specific molecular pathways to eradicate cancer globally. The company’s existing pipeline consists of five development-stage assets including two novel, humanized monoclonal antibodies that restore the body’s immune system to recognize and kill cancer cells, and three targeted therapies against uncontrolled growth signaling pathways.