Reporting to the General Manager/Head of Science, China, this position will have a leadership role in leading the preclinical development team in oncology and translational science to support pipeline development from discovery to IND. The successful candidate will lead, design and conduct biological experiments to investigate potential oncology targets and pathways in concert with new target selection and validation, in vitro assay development, in vivo pharmacology and toxicology studies and other IND enabling studies leading to IND filing. This is a full-time position.
- Design, perform, and oversee evaluation of new molecular targets, therapeutic concepts, and therapeutic agents.
- Define critical path studies needed to support hypothesis-based research.
- Design and execute scientific studies for the investigation of non-clinical drug development candidates. Analyze and interpret complex data, formulate conclusions.
- Identify, define, and oversee external collaborations/CROs which support and advances projects.
- Maintain knowledge of scientific advances and competitive activity from literature, scientific meetings, and external contacts.
- A PhD in biological sciences (molecular or cell) or equivalent life science-related field. Cancer cell biology highly preferred.
- 8+ years of relevant biotech/pharma industry experience with extensive research in oncology drug development from target discovery to IND.
- 5+ years of managerial experience managing people, leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources.
- Fluent in Chinese, native speaker preferred. Strong command of English is highly desirable with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of pre-clinical models of cancer including xenografts, genetically modified models, patient derived tumor explants and syngeneic tumor models. Experience with tumor-immune cell co-culture in vitro models and humanized animal models is an asset.
- Proven track record with regulatory submissions with deep experience in IND enabling toxicology studies. Familiar with multiple therapeutic modalities in oncology development, and strong external eminence.
- Exceptional ability to work in a matrix environment, goal-oriented culture with the ability to present complex data in an understandable manner across a diverse cross functional team and external collaborators.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects to meet business needs and can work effectively in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment. Must be detail-oriented with excellent record keeping and organizational skills.
Apollomics, Inc. is an innovative biopharmaceutical company committed to the discovery and development of oncology combination therapies that harness the immune system and target specific molecular pathways to eradicate cancer globally. The company’s existing pipeline consists of five development-stage assets including two novel humanized monoclonal antibodies that restore the body’s immune system to recognize and kill cancer cells, and three targeted therapies against uncontrolled growth signaling pathways.
Apollomics China offers commercial health insurance plans in addition to the government required 5+1 plan (endowment, medical, unemployment, employment injury, maternity, housing provident fund).